Missing it

Saturday, August 08, 2015

photos by Maggie Glendenning
I've been home for two weeks now. It's hard to believe that just a few weeks ago, this was my view every morning. It's hard not to miss it, and don't get me wrong, I'm happy that I'm home (sometimes) but part of me just aches for it. Days like today are hard. I don't know what triggers it, but suddenly I just wish I was back there, exploring the streets and hearing the language. 

I have so much posting to catch up on and plenty of lovely stories to share, but right now, it's really hard to look at the photos. I'm finding it's much easier to throw myself into work and prepare for school to start (ugh school) instead of dwelling on the past three months I spent in such an amazing country.

I'm incredibly lucky to have had these experiences and I worked really hard to be able to afford to go. Anyone who knows me knows I've wanted to go since I was a young lass. I'm really glad that I have these times to look back on and I'm trying my best to keep up the passion and happiness I felt there while living my "real life" and soon I'll be ready to share the rest of my trip here and record the memories that mean so much to me now.

I hope you are all enjoying your summer and I'll talk to you soon!

Always,

Kat

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Did you get a new blog layout? I like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a work in progress! I'm trying to fix it still haha

      Delete

Popular Posts

Tweet Tweet