Life's a beach

Thursday, August 13, 2015

photos by Taylor Grayson

The nice thing about Instagram is that it connects you with people you might otherwise have never met. I was just exploring the gram one day when I liked a photo of Taylor's and we soon realized we live in the same state and he works with a girl I went to high school with. What a small world. Then this photoshoot was born. He wanted a sort of beachy vibe and as it turns out there's a very small (kind of) beach here!

I was really excited to shoot with Taylor because he shoots primarily in film. I love the look and the feel of film and unfortunately we only got one roll through before something happened to his camera and we were forced to switch to digital. But these are the amazing results! Film has a certain texture and weight to it that I believe really can't be reproduced in digital.

The Find Lab in Orem still develops and scans film for all you film enthusiasts out there and also Taylor is really good at photography and would love to take photos of anyone who is willing to model for him. I gotta say, it inspired me to pick up my film camera again and I'm definitely going to try and get better at it. Film forces you to carefully consider what you're shooting because you only get that one roll and that's one of the things I love most about it. Shoot intentionally.


Always,

Kat

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Popular Posts

Tweet Tweet