Last Day Home

Saturday, May 09, 2015


Yesterday was my last night spent at home. The last night I will sleep in my bed, in my room, with my kitty, for the next three months. It's surreal. I won't feel like it's real until I'm actually in Italy. I guess I should probably let you in on what I'm doing this summer. It's been a crazy year school and taking on a position that demanded a lot of my time just before leaving for a study abroad probably was not the best idea. But it's done and I survived and I'm about to leave.

This past week has been the longest / busiest week of my life though. I was on campus everyday splitting my time between my training new staff and writing papers and taking finals. I was commuting a lot and driving a ton and it's safe to say I'm exhausted. 

I pretty much only had yesterday to pack and I made multiple trips from American Fork to Salt Lake because I had forgotten things, bought too many things, needed to return things, forgot to exchange currency, had to get back before banks closed, got stuck in rush hour traffic, nearly missed a last minute appointment, the list goes on and on.

But I think I have everything and I'm ready to begin this adventure. This summer I will be taking a trip I've been waiting for since 7th grade. I've always wanted to go to Italy, always wanted to see it, experience it, live it. People who don't even know me that well somehow know I'm obsessed With that country. Now's my time.

I'll be studying abroad for the next 10 weeks in both Siena and Genoa and then I'm still trying to decide if I'm going to stay after and meet up with my dad in Germany after. I'm excited, a little nervous and still in shock I think. I leave later today and I could not be more thrilled. I've anticipated this for so long, I can not believe it's actually happening. I could not sleep last night. Stayed up past 3:00 am. Good thing I have a 14 hour flight to catch up!   

If you'd like to keep up with my adventures I'll be posting here regularly.

Always,

Katherine

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Oh my goodness, that is amazing! I'm so excited and jealous! GAH. Living my dream! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it! Live your dream! :) There's really nothing like it.

      Delete

Popular Posts

Tweet Tweet