Antelope Island (Round 2)

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

photos of me by Connor; all others by me
Con and I have decided that Antelope Island is a pretty cool place. We went there a little while ago just to take some photos and enjoy the sunset. It's not the first time we've been and it definitely won't be the last.

If you're ever looking for a quick adventure I really recommend driving up there for an afternoon. It doesn't even feel like you're in Utah anymore.

In other news, does anyone else feel like they've got way to much going on? I don't know why but this semester especially I've been swamped with work, school, life, you name it, it's all happening at the same time.

I just barely moved home (Emily, hmu for crafts girl!) but I did so in the middle of living my life and working two jobs and going to school full-time. Not only I'm living even further away from both my jobs and school, but I also am living out of boxes and bags because I literally don't have time to unpack and get everything together. Life is crazy!

Every time it gets this bad I always end up staying up really late against my better judgement and watching the Devil Wears Prada and sobbing at this scene because it so aptly describes my life:

"That's what happens when you start doing well at work.
Let me know when your entire life goes up in smoke;
then it's time for a promotion."

In all honesty, I'm incredibly lucky to be involved in so many different things that pertain to my future career. But it's true, once you start doing well, even excelling, at work things start getting really hard to manage. Why can't there just be more hours in the day? Am I right?

Anyway I hope you guys are balancing your lives better than I and if you have any insight, I'm all ears. Have a great Wednesday, we're almost to the weekend!

Always,

Kat

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG YOU'RE OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG
    As far as balance, I bought a really cute planner from Target (cause where else) and I literally plan everything and live by it. Idk if that would help in your situation, but it helps in mine! We need to watch The Devil Wears Prada, because I literally can't remember it at all. Like… at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a planner too! But like, I'm a mess right now haha. I think my room just needs to be clean. Also let's watch a movie ASAP.

      Delete
  2. How relevant is that Devil Wears Prada quote??? I need that tattoo'd on me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos! And I can't say I'm head over heels in love with Antelope Island, but I probably could say that about the Great Salt Lake, which is on that island. The floating is insane and I love it!! Have you been in the lake? And good luck finding balance! I'm still working on that one :)

    PS I found you on the IRL fb group so maybe someday we'll meet at an IRL meet-up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And yeah I can't handle Antelope Island in the summer or the smell of the Great Salt Lake... :P

      Hopefully we can both make it to a tea part or something! I love meeting blogger people in real life. :)

      Delete

Popular Posts

Tweet Tweet