Reading List

Friday, December 19, 2014



School gets done this week (huzzah) and I'll be spending some time with my family for Christmas. Which means...I'll have time to read! Here is my list of books I'll be tackling during Winter Break and I'm so excited. Let me know what you're currently reading or some of your favorite books!

1. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
I've already started this book so it will probably be the first one that I finish. I saw the movie before I had even heard of the book and was seriously disturbed by the storyline but was oddly curious as to how it was written. It doesn't disappoint. There's a review of it that says it is "icepick sharp" and that is the most apt description of it. I'm loving it, in a weird...totally not creepy way.

2. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
I keep hearing about this book and I used to pick it up and flip through it anytime I saw it in a bookstore. Now is finally the time to just read it. I was looking up quotes for something else and found this line from it, "Let me be something every minute of every hour of my life" and I thought, okay, now I have to read this book. Isn't that a beautiful sentence?

3. Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
I got this as a Secret Santa gift from my work party and I was so excited. I couldn't have chosen a better gift for myself. I love books. Multiple people told me I would cry at the end of it and now I can't wait to see why.

4. The Hidden Italy by Herman Haller
I am always on the look out for books that have Italian on one page and the English translation on the other so I can learn the language better. This book of poetry should keep me happy for most of the break and inspire me to write some of my own poetry. Maybe even in Italian?

5. National Geographic Traveler
I want to travel so badly and this little magazine always inspires me and reminds me why I work so many jobs. One day, I'll see all of these places and it will make it worth it.

I hope you all have a wonderful Holiday and spend time doing things that make you happy!

Always,

Kat

P.S. I love it when Winston does exactly what I want him to. I've found that the trick is not to care. I wanted him to be in these pictures (cats and books, what else could one possibly need?) but anyone who has a cat knows you can't pose them or make them do anything they don't want to do. I knew if I put him on the window he would freak out and run away. So instead, I just kept shooting and within a minute he got curious and jumped up on the window and starting sniffing the books. I was so happy but I couldn't show it because then he would have sensed it and then tried to ruin everything. To my surprise though, he just sat there, content and even licked my hand and it was just a perfect moment.

Sidenote: I got that collar for him because it reminded me of the Burberry Pattern and I thought, Winston is a classy guy, he'd wear Burberry then my friend said "It's not Burberry... it's Purr-berry!" AND I DIED. #cathumor Okay I'm done, that's all haha have a good day.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. purrberry!! too perfect. that collar is really cute. and i want to read gone girl too! we should have a book club meeting about it! yayyyyyyyy

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Tweet Tweet