Uptown Girl*

Sunday, October 05, 2014


^^ I feel like these two photos are a pretty comprehensive look at my personality

*Sidenote: I hear this song every, single, time I say uptown, or downtown, or something-town, and it gets stuck in my head for the rest of the day. Enjoy that music video.

Anyway, I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. Mine was busy, kind of strange, and unexpected. I'll explain in sequence.

I saw an actual movie in the theaters on Friday night. Haven't been in awhile. I like going to the movies, I like popcorn, and I'm quite fond of my date that took me. It made for a good night. We saw Gone Girl and it is definitely not for the faint of heart; I'm still reeling from the whole concept and the images I saw. But, it was worth it and I'll probably read the book now.

I still work one day a week at my retail job (dat 50% off discount tho) and Saturday morning I knew I had to get everything done before working from 1pm-10pm. I was in the middle of running errands when I started to feel nauseous. I ended up cutting that short and drove home as quickly as I could. Cue Katherine being sick, curled up on the bathroom floor, two hours until I had to report in for work. I tried sleeping it off, woke up feeling awful, and ended up dragging my butt into some shirt/pants combo, barely making it to work on time.

I kept telling myself, "just make it through the next 9 hours...oh look only 5 more hours now..." And there I stayed. Working, feeling crappy, hair up, yesterday's make up, just trying not to throw up on any merchandise or freak out any customers.

Today was much better: I saw my family, was feeling a million times better so naturally I ate ALL the food (bcuz college, I never cook guys) and pretty much just prepared to handle the rest of my week. That's a wrap on my weekend.

Can we talk about style for a second? Mom jeans. Like the jeans I'm wearing in the above photos. I searched high and low for a pair that didn't accentuate my already generous assets too much, but I still have mixed feelings on them. Are they good? Bad? I'm about ready to give up on that whole endeavor. Maybe it's a trend that my body physically cannot participate in. I may just have to toss them in the "Katherine Can't Participate Pile" with palazzo pants and oversized blazers.

Always,

Kat

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. you are SOOOO cute. I am also extremely impressed that you made it to work after being that sick. I would have definitely stayed home haha. I'm a fan of the jeans! they look comfortable and stylish, in like, a "laid back" kind of way. and I love your hair curly!
    -leah

    ReplyDelete
  2. a. you're an AMAZING WOMAN for working when you're sick. hi, i'm a small baby who cries when i stub my toe.
    b. you could literally wear a paper bag (remember paper bag princess?!) and still look amazing, so burn the katherine can't participate pile and start the katherine is a model pile
    c. I AM SO GLAD THAT SONG POPS INTO YOU HEAD, BECAUSE WHEN I WAS SCROLLING THROUGH MY BLOG FEED I SAW THIS TITLE AND STARTED HUMMING THAT SONG IRL FOR DAYS UNTIL I FINALLY JUST READ THIS.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Tweet Tweet