Weekends

Sunday, September 21, 2014




On Friday around 4:47pm, I told my new co-workers to "have a good weekend" and I actually meant it. Not that I don't mean it usually, but this is the first weekend I've had to myself since I started working at the ripe age of 15. I've always worked in retail, in food, or in some crazy department where weekends don't exist. Weekends are the busiest time. I always needed to be available to help others enjoy their weekend.

But since starting my new internship, my work hours have changed and I, Katherine Ellis, am going to have time (!) to do things. To breathe. To eat. To sleep. To recharge. I don't even know what to do with myself.

This morning I woke up to the sound of rain. Perfect. I took a moment to make sure I really didn't have to do anything or go anywhere, then I started on some homework that wouldn't usually be complete until well after a 9 hour shift at work. Then I played with my cat. Then I cleaned. (My room is clean mom!) I made food for myself like a real adult. I actually had time to do my hair.

Now I am currently eating the world's flakiest ham and cheese croissant and I'm getting crumbs everywhere but I don't even care because they are weekend crumbs and I've never had them before. It doesn't matter that I burned my tongue the first sip of my latte because it's a weekend latte and everything else is irrelevant.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend,

Kat

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Popular Posts

Tweet Tweet