I Can't Forget

Monday, July 07, 2014

t-shirt: Loft | backpack: JustFab | necklace: Dogeared | makeup: none (lol)
For Adam

Do you remember when our thoughts 
were worth more than pennies or cents
and we drove just to drive 
not caring my heart was spent,
do you remember?
Because I can't forget.

Do you remember the day 
I liked your shirt freshman year,
then I sat next to you,
I can almost feel you here,
do you remember?
Because I can't forget.

Do you remember when we sat
on your floor, talking about us
we played music to each other,
every topic to discuss,
do you remember?
Because I can't forget.

Do you remember pushing me
higher, glowing with laughter
that tire swing had me thinking
I could be happily ever after,
do you remember?
Because I can't forget.

Do you remember the day 
you left and I wasn't even there
parting for two years
I swore to God I cared,
do you remember?
Because I can't forget.

Do you remember when I 
wrote you a poem somehow
but was crying the whole time,
(and that time is now)
do you remember?
Because I can't forget.

Do you remember how we're
always going to be friends
and that will never change
no matter how this story ends,
Please, please, remember.

Because I will never forget.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Tweet Tweet