Resolutions

Thursday, January 02, 2014




I resolve to change a lot of things in my life. But for the most part, it doesn't usually happen. Z and I actually have an ongoing joke that we'll change our lives....tomorrow. We'll do better....tomorrow. And we laugh but really, we could have tried, today. I have just a few simple things I want to work on this year:

1. Make health a priority. 
  • 2013 was a miserable year for my health. I took for granted the fact that I was healthy and have never appreciated it as much as I do now. I went to the doctor more times in 2013 than I have in all of adolescence combined. It was one thing after another and so expensive. This year, I will learn the value of eating healthy and exercise.
2. Do better in school.
  • Ah, I can't believe I'm in my second year of college. I feel like I don't have much to show for it and it since I'm paying for school myself, I really need to get my act together and buckle down and get to it. Actually get good grades. See also: My Epiphany.
3. Stop comparing myself to others.
  • I am the queen of being able to make myself feel bad. Honestly, I don't know how or why I do it, but I compare myself to others in every way and it's time to stop. I need to be happy and confident in what I can do, and not be jealous of others successes. 
  • If you haven't read this book, please do. It's really changed my outlook on life. 
5. Do something crazy.
  • I am such a by-the-book-rules-forever-goody-goody-two-shoes and I am sick of it. I want to do something fun and crazy and live a little. Whew, it felt kinda liberating to write that. Tattoo** maybe?
Did you make any resolve to do anything awesome this year?

Love Always,

Katherine


**JK JK I'm way too scared.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Tweet Tweet