Forgetful

Saturday, December 14, 2013





Sometimes I forget that I’m not the only person in this world. I forget that I’m not the only one struggling. I forget that there are millions of beautiful people who are crying and dying and they have much harder lives than I do.


Sometimes I forget, and that’s okay.


Sometimes I forget that it’s okay to eat a burger, fries and a shake every once in a while. I forget that it’s okay not to be a certain height or weight and strut down darkened paths in time with techno music. I forget that it’s okay if my thighs touch. I forget that it’s okay not to suck it in all the time.


Sometimes I forget, and that’s okay.


Sometimes I forget that it’s completely normal to feel like everything’s falling apart, especially when you wake up with a couple new bumps on your forehead and naturally dry elbows. I forget that it’s okay not to be “pretty” all the time, whatever that means these days.


Sometimes I forget, and that’s okay.


Sometimes I forget that it’s okay to make a mistake. I forget that no one is perfect. I forget that it’s okay to mess up. It’s okay to freak out. It’s okay to try again. It’s okay to do things backwards and learn what is best for you.


Sometimes I forget, and that’s okay.


Sometimes I forget that it’s okay to feel like you’re stuck on repeat and everyday blends into the next. Sometimes I forget that I will be gone sooner than I think and whether I believe it or not, I will miss this place.


Sometimes I forget, and that’s okay.


Sometimes I forget that this isn’t it. That there is so much more to everything. I forget that I won’t work in retail forever. I forget it’s okay that I deal with rude people everyday, because maybe their days are harder than mine. I forget that one day if I work hard enough, I will have my dream job.


Sometimes I forget, and that’s okay.


Sometimes I forget that it’s okay to be different. I forget to remember where I came from. I forget that no one will care if I spent lunch in the library. Sometimes I forget to tell people I love them. Sometimes it’s okay to forget to smile at everyone and be smiled at for once.


Sometimes I forget these things
but then I remember;

it’s all going to be okay.



You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. What retail store do you work at? Also, how random that you would post a picture of Eva's, because I just decided yesterday that I wanted to go there on Friday for my birthday! It's a sign! Is it delicious? Like, what's the best food there? I like this poem.
    xoxo
    e
    nine-fortytwo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this, especially the line "It's okay to do things backwards and learn what is best for you"--honesty at its finest.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Tweet Tweet